Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wednesday

Oh Wednesday, you feel so far away. Let’s see if I can remember some of it.

We woke up a little later than usual and were picked up by Tommy Bowen (a really awesome missionary who carries a 9mm…we were safe) who was going to take us on the town.

First we went to “Old Town” which is similar to a downtown area I guess. We saw the president’s mansion and some old churches and other pretty buildings and such. I, of course, took a bunch of pictures which will not be posted on here because I took them with my 35 mm film camera.

We saw a camera crew and went down to see what was going on. There was a man with a poster board around his neck with the pictures of two young men on it. We asked Tommy what he was doing. He said that the two young men were killed by the super-secret police that even the normal secret police didn’t know about. This super-secret police had thrown the bodies of the two men in a lake and with them were found many miscellaneous weapons used for other crimes. We think the man was there dad. So sad.

We then headed up a big hill to see “The Virgin of the Apocalypse” (or something like that) statue which is about 100 feet tall. There is also a really good view of the city from there.

After that we went to Centro del Mundo, which means The Center of the Earth. Yes, you could also call it the equator. Kellye was really excited about standing on the equator and took a picture of her feet and everything. There was really awesome shopping there and I got some super cute earrings and bracelets.

Then we ate at Crepes & Waffles, which is an interesting idea. They serve crepes with tons of things. Meats, cheeses, vegetables, fruits. Lots of stuff.

We came home after that and rested while Mom went to class. When she got home we watched Hairspray. It was Kellye’s first time seeing it. I had forgotten how much I love that movie and how I get chill bumps every time there’s a really awesome harmony. (Note: I’m a huge chorus nerd!)

That was our Wednesday. It was quite fun.

1 comment:

NiceSoul said...

i really think what I have seen so far are really good pictures. I cant wait to see your black and white photos. I was wondering if you got a shot of the man with the billboards and was he trying to protest or get info or just memmoralizing. Well hope your home soon. Next week we dont have class. they are all dark room days!! Miss you!! Erica