Sunday, October 26, 2008

Missions on the Brain

Today instead of doing homework I have been obsessing over Africa, Haiti, and Compassion International. This is not a rare occurrence for me, but today I have been even more off task. You see, I was reading Jamie Ivey's blog about her adoption of two gorgeous Hatian kids. Then I went from blog to blog falling in love with the kids and the programs. Then I found a bunch of Compassion video blogs by this guy and watched a bunch of them.

I feel that God is definitely calling me to adopt later in life, which is very exciting. I also know that I am being called to missions, but how is my current degree helping that? I want to be a good photographer and be able to use that in my missions, but how is taking a drawing and 3-D design class really going to push me toward what I need to be doing? What should I be doing to push myself toward that?

3 comments:

Kristina said...

of course ill leave you comments!

im so glad that you are being called to adopt and to do missions. i believe that is a perfect way for God to use you to your fullest ability.
I believe that you can use ur major in your missions work. taking classes that dont help your major and what you need to be doing necessarily, may be giving u experience in broadening what you do from what you are use to, which is something you will definitely need to know how to do in the mission field.

Bri Murphy said...

I know this may totally not be what you are thinking and it might be weird coming from me since we barely know each other (it's brianna from photography, btw), but I used to go to Boise Bible College in Boise, Idaho, and they have a fairly new program where you can get a four-year degree in Missions. I'm wondering if maybe there are colleges closer around here that offer similar programs? I'm not even sure I'm really suggesting it or just mentioning it to you. But I think photography can be a very powerful tool not so much in doing mission work but gathering support and spreading word about the conditions you are in. Anyway, see you in photo...

Anonymous said...

All good questions. Wish I could help!