Monday, October 20, 2008

Friday/Saturday

On Friday we went with Patty and Alexis to Aposento Alto, the other Compassion site where we went to church on Sunday. We got there and were taken to different classrooms where the kids gave us art and sang songs. We got to the 5th grade room and Patty told me which kid was Lady, my Compassion kid. Lady started jumping up and down and ran over and gave me a big hug. It was so sweet. Then they sang us a song and she was still sooo excited. The teacher let Lady walk around with us for awhile and we held hands and it was just so precious. We met her little sister, who was in the 2nd grade, I think.
After that we painted A LOT and whenever kids would come around I would take some pictures with my film camera.
That night we ate our last dinner at the guest house and went to bed early.
The next morning we had to leave for the airport at 4:30 a.m. That was horrible. When we got there Mom cried (of course...hehe) and I teared up a little. We got our bags checked and went to sit at the gate.
Someone got on the speaker and said, "Clements, Victoria. Come to the gate." Kellye and I looked at each other and didn't know what to do. So, we went to the gate and they said that I had something suspicious in my bag that the national police wanted to search. We were a little freaked out. They asked me to come with them but wanted Kellye to stay. We didn't allow that and we decided that she would come too.
The security guard took us down some scary steps and out onto the concourse where they put the bags on the plane. The police looked through my bags and smelled my shampoo but didn't find anything. We assume it was the 10 rolls of film, but no one told us anything.
When we landed in Miami we went to Heaven (also known as Starbucks) and then to Chilis. We decided that we only wanted an appetizer but our waiter was a big jerk and told us to go sit at the bar (we tipped the bartender nicely so the waiter would be jealous).
When we got to Atlanta we saw Dusty (Kellye's boyfriend) waiting at the baggage claim. After we got our luggage we split up and she went home with Dusty and he proposed!
In the car I had a jam session and tried out for "Rent". Haha.
Sorry that this is so jumbled. I'm not in the mood for fine-tuning right now.

2 comments:

Talia said...

Ahhh...I want to try out for "Rent" : )! You would definitely make it before me though. Did you see that the taped broadway version came out in theaters?? It was here a few weeks ago...$20 a ticket! Crazy! Needless to say, I didn't go but I wanted to.

I have really enjoyed looking at your pictures! I am so glad you got to take that trip and meet Lady.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tori!!!