Saturday, January 3, 2009

Colossians 3:1-2

This week's verse(s) are Colossians 3:1-2.



"Since then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on thing that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on the earth."



This is a hard verse for me to follow. I too easily get caught up in the things of the world: the boys, facebook gossip, Grey's Anatomy. These things all take God's place in my life continually and I have to constantly battle with those things. But I think that God is pleased when I put those things aside for His glory. When I consciously decide to stop dwelling on those things and turn to Him, He receives me with open arms. How great it is to have a God who, when I ask sincerely, will forgive me for (gasp) replacing Him with trivial things. 



It really shouldn't be that hard. God has asked me to set my heart on the loveliest things. He didn't ask me to do this to punish me; He asked me because when I think on these things, I will be more happy, more filled, and more satisfied through seeing the greatness of His kingdom. This command is not a punishment; it is a joy! Why, then, is it so hard for me to remember?

No comments: