Saturday, November 8, 2008

Feeding Jesus

I was recently listening to Francis Chan on his amazing podcast (which you can get on iTunes) and the Holy Spirit convicted me to begin planning for the things that I have wanted to do for the Lord in my life. I always think of these things as so far off, that I don’t have to start thinking about them yet. Life is a vapor. I better be on my toes.

The message was about Jesus telling the people that they saw him hungry and didn't feed him, saw him naked and didn’t clothe him. The people ask him when that happened. They had never seen him hungry or naked. But Jesus says that whenever they did not do those things for “the least of these” they did not do them for him.

I want to do all I can to clothe and feed Jesus. When I reach Heaven I want Him to gather me up in His arms and tell me that I did a good job. I want to die giving my all to please Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What are some of those bigger "far off" things you're trusting Him with?